Rotary Selector Valve (SV) mounting
1. Remove the power cord from the unit and pull at least one battery from the holder. Remove all the solution tubing (by pushing the end of the tubing away from the SV. Do not just pull on the tubing.) from the SV on the back on the unit. Do not use a razor to cut the tubing, it will scratch the plastic.
2. Open Sidekick by removing the 4 or 5 screws around the bottom of the processor cover. Make sure the unit is dry. Lift the right side and let it hinge on the left side. Rest the cover on its left side.
3. Cover the printed circuit board (PCB) with paper towels and a sheet of plastic to protect it from drops of solution.
4. Follow the tubing from the SV and use a paper towel to carefully pull the tubing from the pump.
5. Carefully (rock back and forth) remove the SV ribbon cable from the PCB. Remove the connector protector from the new SV and put it on old SV connector.
6. From the back of the unit, unscrew the 4 screws holding the SV and remove the SV. Cut off the tubing and ship back the SV to us for analysis.
7. Put in the new SV without its tubing. Screw in the 4 screws. Do not over-tighten. Connect the ribbon cable to the PC. The mark on the connector must be in the lower left corner of the connector.
8. Plug in the power cord and turn the unit on. The SV should initialize (Display says "Plus or start"). Turn off and unplug the unit.
9. Manually turn the gear counter-clockwise until its single tube is facing the lower left corner.
10. Examine the new tubing. One end has a black line on the tubing. Push that end of the tubing on the single tube of the Gear of the SV. The black line must face the center of the gear. Use fingers and then pliers to squeeze on the black pinch clamp.
11. Run the tubing to the clamp. The black ring lines up with the edge of the clamp. The black line must face away from the wall. Connect the loose end of the tubing to the pump. Plug the unit in, select CLEAN LINES. Push START, the SV will rotate to its end of travel. Turn the unit off. Observe the tubing, it must not be crimped.
12. Reassemble the unit. The solution tubing must go straight down for at least 12" (30cm.). Leave slack in the solution tubing.
Back to Installation Guide
Back to Support